Lawn Mowing Services
It is very important to keep the lawn cut on a regular basis. This helps
to prevent the build up of thatch in the turf. All of the lawns that we service
are edged and mowed once a week. This service starts about the first week
in March and continues through the third week in November. The lawns are edged
and mowed and all grass clippings are hauled away. The lawns will
stop growing after the second good freeze in November, so December, January and
February the mowing will stop. We will contact our customers the first
part of February to establish service for the upcoming season.
Lawn Renovation Service
When a lawn gets to thick and has thatch buildup in it, it's time to remove some
of that thatch with the renothin. This machine has knives that slice through
the soil and lift the dead grass and thatch out. The lawn is then raked and all
thatch is picked up and hauled away. Afterwards it's a good idea to aerate the
lawn, but after de-thatching a lawn over-seeding is a must.
Aerating a lawn is about the best service a lawn can receive. By pulling plugs
from the lawn it allows the lawn to breathe. More oxygen is allowed down
to the root system. Water and nutrients are also allowed down to the root
system to feed the lawn immediately. After a lawn is aerated, fertilized and watered
the results are noticeable in a very short time.
Lawn Fertilization Program
Fertilizing is essential to maintain the health and beauty of a lawn.
Our fertilization program includes the following.
- Insect control and fertilization, third week in February.
- Ferrous Sulfate (iron) application for moss control, first week in March.
- fertilization and weed control, second week in April.
- fertilization and weed control, fourth week in May.
- fertilization and weed control, second week in July.
- fertilization and weed control, fourth week in August.
- fertilization and weed control, third week in October.
- Lime application to help balance out the PH in the soil, second week in November.
The weed and feed fertilizer is applied only once, that is on the second
week in April. The rest of the season, the weeds are sprayed as needed.
Also available at an additional charge are the following.
- Liquid Chelated Iron application.
- Fungicide control application, Heritage and Chipco.
- Greenzit, a last ditch effort for a green lawn. This is a colored dye, mixed in a sprayer applicator to paint a lawn green.
Flower Bed Maintenance
Our main concerns here are the management of the weeds and the cleanliness of the beds.
Once every two weeks the beds will be raked through and cleaned up. Spraying of the weeds
will be applied as needed during this bed maintenance service. At the beginning of the
season it is highly recommended to apply a pre emergence to the beds. This helps to prevent
new seeds from germinating.
The supply of winter firewood will change from year to year. Generally there is about thirty
cords available. The wood varies in type. In the past I have supplied Douglas Fir, Hemlock,
Maple and Alder. I expect the same in the future.
You may contact us direct @ (253) 232-9777.
Office number is (360) 886-0444.
Or call toll free @ 1-800-815-9777.
To email us click here.